Papers under review
This year SIGE acepted papers, in Portuguese or English, in two modalities: Academic Articles and Poster Presentation.
The submission period has ended. Check your submission status at the JEMS platform and prepare to send your presentation’s video until 09/12/2021 (September 12th).
Click here for further instructions.
In the Academic Articles modality, complete articles must be submitted, which will go through the peer review process, judged based on scientific rigor, contribution, and originality of the topic
- The Poster Presentation modality is intended for works originating from the operational sector or defense industries, whose themes do not constitute an academic article, but whose dissemination is relevant in a technical-scientific forum focused on operational applications aligned with the thematic areas of SIGE.
ACCEPTED PAPERS PRESENTATION
Given current sanitary conditions, to make SIGE 2021 more dynamic and flexible, authors with accepted papers will be asked to record their presentation so that it can be made available in advance on the event’s website.
Presentation’s video characteristics:
– The presentation must be recorded as if it was being presented in person, in such a way that participants may understand with clarity the developed topic before the online conferences, which will occur on September 28th and 29th.
– Video’s max length: Full Article – 15 minutes; Poster – 5 minutes.
– The video must be recorded on Full HD resolution (1920×1080) and have a maximum file size of 300 MB.
– The presenter must be seen during all the video, over the presentation’s slides.
– The author can use any recording software. If you don’t have any software we recommend the open source tool OBS (Open Broadcast Software).
How to submit your video?
If your work is accepted after the review, you’ll receive an e-mail with directions to upload your recording, which has to be done until the final submission’s deadline (09/12/2021).
The final acceptance of the papers will be conditioned to the confirmation of the correct upload of an adequate recorded presentation. If the recording is not uploaded until the deadline the event’s organization will automatically consider that the author has given up presenting at the event.
For further questions or if you need any assistance contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll be glad to help you.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FORMATTING THE ARTICLE OR POSTER
The Templates [Microsoft Word] or the Template [Latex] contain detailed formatting instructions for the article, which should contain a minimum of four (4) and a maximum of six (6) pages.
- On the first page of the article, only the title of the paper should be included without identifying the authors and their affiliations. Only the final version, after acceptance, should contain this information.
The pages of this file must not contain numbers or any header or footer.
The Microsoft PowerPoint template pre-formatted in Microsoft PowerPoint contains detailed formatting instructions for the poster.
- The size defined for the poster is 90 × 110 cm, with the event logo (XXII SIGE) fixed in the constant position on the model. The logos of the authors’ institutions must be placed in the space suggested on the side.
There should also be no identification of the authors and their affiliations on the poster. Only the final version, after acceptance, should contain this information.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ARTICLES SUBMISSION
Papers can only be submitted in “.pdf” format, as an article or poster, and the option must be chosen at the time of submission.
Submissions of articles to SIGE will take place through the JEMS system at the link above.
- If you do not already have an account in the JEMS system, click on the link “create your account here”. Fill in the required fields and then click on “New User” at the bottom of the page. Confirmation of registration in the system and your initial password will be sent to your informed email, which can be modified later.
- After logging into the JEMS system with your user account, find the option “XXIII SIGE” in the table “Accepting paper registration and upload”.
- EChoose the submission mode from the available options (“Full Article” or “Poster Presentation”), by clicking on the corresponding “submit paper” button, highlighted in orange.
- On the page that opens, fill in the fields associated with: 1. Authors; 2. Paper title: only the title of the work must be informed, without any identification of the authors or their institutions; 3. Paper abstract: should be filled in with the Abstract with a maximum of 150 words, followed by 3 keywords, the first of which must coincide with the name of the main classification area of the work, chosen from those indicated in the field “Paper Topics” bellow; 4. Paper topics: check the area (s) related to the submitted article.
- Check if the Track field corresponds to your chosen option: “Complete Article” or “Poster Presentation”.
- Choose the type of presentation in the Category item, between the options “Face-to-face or Online” or “Online only”. (If you choose the “In-person or Online” option, the author should be aware that the Organizing Committee will define the works to be presented in person or virtually, and will communicate the authors in advance).
- Click “Submit”.
- On the page that will open, click: 1. Edit: if you want to change the data already filled in; or 2. Upload: if you want to upload the file “.pdf” of your work.